When is the highest chance of getting pregnant?
- By knowing, when in a cycle a woman's most fertile days falls, can help a woman having intercourse more precisely; and drastically they can increase their likelihood of getting pregnant.
- Chances of getting pregnant depends on many other factors besides timely intercourse, including a woman's age, weight and medical conditions as well as her partner's age, sperm health or genetics.
- Having sex as close as possible to the time of ovulation (14 days before the start of the next menstrual period) increases the chance of pregnancy.
- A woman fertile window is five days before the start of ovulation. If she has sex every other day during this window, she has a 25% chance of getting pregnant; and if she has sex on the day of ovulation or the two days before, the chance of getting pregnant is about 30%.
- Women tend to be most fertile and, hence, have the best chance to get pregnant in their 20s.