What are the safe or unsafe period of intercourse?
- Safe period and ovulation are related because safe days are calculated based on ovulation.
- Day 1 to day 7 are safe and unfertile in a regular menstrual cycle which lasts 26 to 32 days.
- Lifespan of the sperm in the reproductive canal is 3 to 5 days.
- It is unsafe to practice sex from day 8 to day 20 in a regular menstrual cycle.
- Therefore, fertilization can occur until the 20th day of the cycle.
- Calculations are an approximation, and the results can vary from woman to woman.
For more prescribing information please consult your doctor.